Friday, November 20, 2009

Hello

I have never blogged before. I'm not sure why I'm starting, other than I went to check out my chaplain's blog and wound up making my own!

(How did this happen?)

I figured that I could post on some of the same topics as he does, possibly from a different angle. I have no intentions of going back in time and posting about earlier events with the exception of my chaplains post on Heroics.

When we had first heard of this we where in a sync meeting with the other chaplains and chaplains assistants. Fr. Tim, my chaplain, immediately went to action planning on how to take care of and support his soldier who was hit by a tractor!

My first thought was, "What an idiot!"
I mean, I have been driving around the country side, hiking up and down hills, crossing streets dodging BMW's and Mercedes' (because no one follows road signs); and this guy in my task force get nailed by a tractor!

Seriously was he taking a nap in the road?

Did he not look where he was going?

Was he such a dolt that he just didn't know any better?

As the day went on I heard the story several times all with unique twists on how it happened.
Several days later, the rumors where finally set straight once enough people had chosen to talk with the soldier rather than make up their own version. And Yes, the soldier had payed attention and actually taken steps to prevent harm to himself, but more so to the effect of safeguarding the child. The child, as you can read in my chaplains blog, made it out in much better condition then our soldier, but neither was seriously injured. Thank God!

I honestly can't remember where I was going with this anymore, I paused and now I'm stuck.

If I remember I will continue and finish this post.
If not...


FIN



Love, Peace, And Fireworks;

FaItH aNd FiRePoWeR

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blog world. I am a friend of Tim's from some Spiritual Retreats he has lead for folks who hang out with A.A. and AlAnon folks. Glad to hear from you, as well as about you on occassion. Glad the child is safe, soldiering has more than boom boom gun power to it, sometimes it is guarding and protecting, as you do for Tim. Look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is another attempt to get a message to you.My third try. My dear friend Fr.Tim will tell you I am harmless and not computer wise.
    Keep blogging to us folk.
    Glad you are watching over Fr. Tim. You can be
    sure he's caring for his soldiers. you are doing great. Dorothy B.






























    let me tel

    ReplyDelete